New zealand VIsa

Our Lawyer

Lloyd Vivera, who is originally from India , is an immigration lawyer practicing Australian and New Zealand immigration law. He moved to New Zealand in 2001. Read more>>

Work Visas

If you are interested in working temporarily in Australia, you will, in most cases, require a job offer from an Australian employer. Australia has working holiday visa arrangements with several countries which allow young citizens of those countries to work and visit Australia for a certain period without having a job offer. If you do not meet the criteria for the working holiday visas, then you should first find out whether an Australian employer will sponsor your application

The most popular or commonly used work visa is the subclass 457 visa. This visa class enables Australian employers to recruit overseas workers for up to four years. There are several requirements to be met by the employer. Similarly the prospective employees has to meet requirements. 457 visas can also lead to permanent residence if the employer is willing to sponsor your residence application under the employer sponsored category.